Monday, June 9, 2014

A Haunting

Today has been a decidedly "off" day so far. Maybe it's because:
  1. I've been waiting for about a week for important information from my daughter's surgical team;
  2. I was awake for part of the night (see #s 1 and 3); 
  3. I'm wavering on what scholarship I want to work on this summer; 
  4. my dog almost attacked a fledging blue jay in my back yard, and, because he's nearly deaf, I had to yell loudly and forcefully at him to stop, scaring him and causing him to yelp loudly and forcefully--all this before my coffee;
  5. my balance was for shit in yoga this morning.
But things got happier when by boyfriend reminded me to look at Creative Colloquy's website. This local, online literary journal publishes on Mondays, and we knew that my essay "A Haunting" would be included in the June 9th issue. I feel good to be some small part of this organization, and I look forward to participating in live readings in the months to come. Thank you, Creative Colloquy!

Now I need to turn my attention to my other work. If you have any brilliant ideas about what I should write about pioneers Susanna Moodie and Caroline Kirkland, drop me a line in the comments section! I'll thank you in a footnote if the article finds its way to print.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment